The South Central Transit Authority (SCTA) is developing a Transit Development Plan (TDP) for the fixed-route bus and paratransit services in Berks and Lancaster Counties. The TDP will serve as a guide for meeting future demands for transit services and increasing the overall use of public transit. Development of the TDP involves:
- Identifying demographics and travel trends
- Evaluating current BARTA and RRTA service
- Gathering input from riders and the public regarding existing services and future needs
- Establishing goals and strategies to address unmet transit needs and service issues, such as connecting employees to their place of work
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities for potential growth
- Estimating the level of funding available to provide transit services over the life of the plan
Draft service recommendations for BARTA and RRTA were unveiled to the public at open houses held on April 17th and April 19th. Overall, the draft service recommendations for BARTA and RRTA include:
The draft service recommendations for each route for both BARTA and RRTA are available for review by clicking on the links below.
Maps comparing existing and proposed service in the City of Reading and Berks County and the City of Lancaster and Lancaster County are available for review by clicking on the links below:
Maps showing the proposed frequency of service, evening service and weekend service are available for review by clicking on the links below:
Copies of the PowerPoint presentations shown at the Reading and Lancaster open houses are available for review by clicking on the links below.
After reviewing this information, if you have comments or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to have your comments and questions to us by May 4, 2018.